Lack of encoding utilities for doing this is somewhat of an issue…but you can have foobar2000 and QAAC encoding to AAC TVBR127 fairly quickly and painlessly.
- Download and install QuickTime
- Download and extract QAAC
- Download and install foobar2000
- You can access the foobar2000 converter by right clicking a song or songs within foobar2000 and going to Convert -> …
- See screens below; foobar essentially decodes the file you’re converting to a temporary wave file and passes it to QAAC along with the custom commands you put in the “Parameters”