Saturday, June 2, 2012

50->60mm Fan Adapter for ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 Motherboard

I got a bit annoyed at all of the rumbly 50mm fans I had to keep swapping out on my ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 Motherboard and decided to get a little 50->60mm adapter machined for me so I could use a nice 60mm ball bearing Vantec Stealth fan instead.
I tried multiple different 50mm models from EVERCOOL and Rasurbo but all of them started rumbling within a month or so. The 60mm Vantec Stealth has been going strong for almost a year now and yields slightly higher airflow as well.

I use OnlineMachinist for most of my DIY machining needs - they offer reasonable prices and are easy to work with.

2 comments:

  1. How can I get one of these? I am very interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Custom machining it is pretty costly but that's the only way to get one unfortunately. If you take the drawing in my gallery to any local machine shop they should know what to do with it. (sorry for the late response I don't really monitor my blog comments super closely)

    ReplyDelete